The process of hiring a personal injury attorney can be overwhelming and time-consuming. However, it’s so important to make sure you hire the right attorney to handle your case. The best thing you can do during this process is to make sure you are completed prepared for your free case evaluation in Atlanta, so you can make the right decision and hire the best attorney to handle your case. When you hire the right attorney, you can relax knowing your case is in good hands.
What you should learn during your free case evaluation
During your initial free case evaluation meeting, you will learn about your attorney, how they will handle your case, and learn more about the process, including;
- How much your case could be potential worth (a great lawyer will give you a realistic number)
- What your legal rights are
- How to make a plan for your medical care so you can get better
- How your insurance company could possibly work against you
What a free case evaluation really means
A trusted personal injury attorney in Atlanta should not charge you for your case evaluation. You have no obligation to sign anything during your initial meeting. You need to make sure you feel absolutely comfortable with the attorney you choose. An attorney should make you feel like they absolutely care about your well-being. You will more than likely meet with more than one attorney.
In general, personal injury attorneys do not get paid unless they win your settlement or case. During your free case evaluation, they are also evaluating you, and will want to get a good feel for your case to make sure they can take you on as a client and win for you.
You can read more here; about what you can expect from your personal injury attorney
Documents to prepare
If you can, you will want to put together as much documentation as you can to bring with you to your initial meeting. These are some of the documents you will want to have with you;
- Your police report
- Medical bills from the accident
- Any doctors or therapist notes
- Photo of your injuries and photos of the accident
- Any additional information or documents you think will help your case
Questions to ask during your free case evaluation in Atlanta
The attorney will be asking you a variety of questions during your meeting to learn as much as they can about your case. However, during your free case evaluation in Atlanta, you will want to ask a personal injury attorney a number of questions as well. Things to think about asking would be;
- What is the breakdown of how you do collect payments if the case or settlement is won?
- Has the lawyer typically handle case similar to yours?
- What is the lawyers success rate? Do you have reviews?
- What is the process like?
- Will I hear personally from you or an assistant
- What is the lawyers most recent court trial experience?
You must be prepared to answer questions about your accident
These are some of the most typical questions that an attorney will ask you during your initial meeting.
- What is the date of your accident?
- Where were you when the accident occured?
- Was anyone else with you when your accident occured?
- Was anyone else harmed?
- How the accident occurred?
- Who do you believe was at fault for the accident?
- Did you report your accident to the police?
- Have you notified your insurance company?
- Did you seek medical treatment?
- Are you still seeking medical treatment?
- What is your medical treatment plan?
- Expenses excluded, what other harm have you have suffered?
- Are there any other important details you have about your accident?
What happens after your free case evaluation
At this time, you should think about who you would like to represent you and help you with your case. Once you decided on an attorney, you will then enter into an agreement.
A good attorney will then advise you that it’s most important that you take care of yourself and focus on your recovery. Throughout the process, your attorney should keep you updated on the progress and process, and let you know what is needed if anything from you.
Georgia Trial Attorneys can help you with your case. Content us for a free case evaluation if you are in the Atlanta or Georgia area.
Are you are ready to take the next steps? If you are ready to meet with an attorney you can contact us and call 833-4TheWin or (678) 667-8965 to speak with one of the experienced personal injury attorneys from Georgia Trial Attorneys.